Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Loves Me My Indies: In Which I Visit Book Spot

Book Spot's Julie, Jessica Lee Anderson. me, Jessica Khoury, Book Spot Danny
Just back from Austin where I played fan girl at the Austin Teen Book Fest on Saturday -- and sadly missed Libba Bray's keynote because it was changed to the opening speech from its closing position and thus I was still on the road from Houston to Austin. I was bummed to say the least. But the panels I sat in on made up for it and I had a nice fellow Sourcebooks author chat with Jess Shirvington (her Embrace and Entice, sexy angel YA's, are out now, with more out already in Australia and more to come in the US soon. She's a delight, by the way. Perhaps when THE SWEET DEAD LIFE is out in May, we can let our angels duke it out.


But what I was in Austin for, really, was my book panel at The Book Spot in Round Rock on Sunday. Me and authors Jessica Khoury, Will Richter, and Kresley Cole on the Teen Book Fest: Up Close and Personal panel, with the awesome Austin author Jessica Lee Anderson moderating. We had a full house and awesome readers and fans and it was a delightful afternoon. I am totally ready to come back to Round Rock in a couple weeks for the ANASTASIA FOREVER TEXAS TOUR, which I'll post about tomorrow. Me. Boots. My Ford Ranger. Stores. Schools. Fun.

Anyway, if I met you at Book Spot, thank you for coming out and asking questions and laughing in all the right places. And thanks times a zillion to Danny and Julie Woodfill, Book Spot's owners who work tirelessly to bring cool literacy and author stuff to the Austin 'burbs. And the store dogs, whose names I forget but who are adorable and also very good audience members!

More on the Texas Tour tomorrow.

3 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to see more! It's true...everything really is better in Texas.

ChihuahuaCharms said...

Why God WHY do I live this far away??? Texas, you don't know how jealous I am. ;)

Joy Preble said...

Ah, I know! Wish you were closer, too, Hannah!