Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

On My Nightstand

Sneaking in the reading where I can these days. Here's what's on my nightstand, in my Kindle, or sitting around the house and getting read by me:

The Magicians by Lev Grossman -- really liking the fantasy of this one; Narnia-esque but not really. And I'm not sure where it's going...

Love Story -- by fellow YA Outside the Lines blogger Jenn Echols --girl writes about boy; boy writes about girl... and inheritance, a stable boy, a creative writing class... I adore Echols' writing. Romantic, funny, sexy - everything I love in a story.

A Place of Yes - by reality star Bethenney Frankel. Mock if you like, but I have really enjoyed this book. I'm a Bethenney fan, and yes, I hope that she and Jason and Brynn and Cookie the dog live happily ever after forever and ever. B is funny and snarky and neurotic. Is it any wonder that I relate? Or as my husband commented: "Of course you like her. She's afraid of nothing and everything at the same time. Just like you." Okay then.

So what's on your nightstand?

No comments: