Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday talk

Began the huge office closet purge. Found the novel I started sophomore year in college. My ode to bad breakups and guys who just can't commit and the girls who fall for them. guys = the guy I'd broken up with. girls= nineteen year old me.

Nervously awaiting the edit letter on Again and Again. (which I hope I won't have to re-write again and again...)

Do you watch Covert Affairs? You must! Tonight Augie flashes back to the story of how he became blind. And takes his shirt off. Oh Augie.

Got sucked into season one of Real Housewives of NYC - it's like tv crack, I tell you. You start while you're cleaning the closet (see above) and find yourself no longer cleaning, just watching. And okay, I'll admit it - Andy Cohen and Watch What Happens Live? I love this. Mazel of the week, jackhole of the week... why do I find this so funny??

Shifting gears to other projects is hard once you've had your head in one book for so long. But shift I must.

Had to actually jog home from my walk because it began raining. Which is good because we are in this horrible drought. And my lawn is brown and crunchy. And it pisses me off to see people whose lawns are green and lush because we are on water restrictions. And the only people whose lawns look good are those who believe the rules are made for suckers like me.

Sarah Mlynowski's 10 Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) is absolutely brilliant. I love, love, love this book. I had no time to read but still I tore through it, unable to put it down.

I found the absolute best hideous 80% mark down purple prom dress to use for my malevolent Russian mermaid (aka - rusalka) costume for Austin Comic Con. It has one diagonal strap that is covered in huge purple 'gem' stones. I LOVE this dress for its tackiness. Now I need to rough it up some. Yay!

Must write.
Til next time...

No comments: