Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Agent Appreciation Day - one day late!

Me and agent Jen at our Bellagio breakfast last year


Yesterday was unofficial Agent Appreciation Day - at least that's what author Shari Green told me. So here I am - a day late with the whole thing. Had a good reason or two, but I won't bore you with them. I'll just get down to business.

Why do I love my ABLA agent Jen Rofe?

Let me count the ways:

1. For our first official meeting, we had waffles and fruit and coffee at the Bellagio Cafe in Vegas. How can you not love someone who feeds you waffles? On Christmas Eve Day? In Las Vegas? I just had to work not to associate her with my subsequent losing streak on the slot machines.

2. She lets me whine. A lot. And then she never fails to tell me to pull up my big girl panties and get on with things. Which I do.

3. She has mad cowgirl skills.

4. She is a pit bull when it comes to standing behind her clients' work.

5. She has wickedly wonderful editing/critique skills.

6. Did I say she knows how to ride, rope and barrel race?

7. She took me on as a client in the middle of Hurricane Ike. When I had no phone or electricity. Somehow she found me anyway.

8. Sometimes when she gets really excited while reading my books, she texts me to let me know exactly where she is in the manuscript. One time she did this while at a wedding rehearsal dinner.

9. She negotiates like a mad woman! This is a good thing.

10. She has an internal chill-o-meter and so I know when she gets goosegumps that I'm on the right track.

I could go on and on but I have a book to finish.

Jennifer Rofe!! You are da bomb! The princess! The crazy cowgirl! My favorite valley girl! Have another Chai Latte on me!

Okay, back to work.

More on that soon.
Til next time...

No comments: