Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rocking the House at Barnes and Noble

Standing Room only - can you believe it?
You all helped me pack the house.

Wow! A wall of Dreaming Anastasia


Assistant CRM Kat and Christine and Nick - two of my son's h.s. friends

Kara and Karissa and Me - My original readers


Talking and reading and generally looking shiny


Me and former students. Aren't we adorable? And what's that pretty book?

Thank you thank you!! for everyone - all 170 of you, I think! - who came out yesterday to help me celebrate at the Dreaming Anastasia Launch Signing at The Woodlands Barnes and Noble! And many thanks to CRM Libby and her assistant Kat and even former student and bookseller Jen for making sure that everything went smoothly - from super special sharpies, to raffle tickets for the super schwag t shirts to opening the cookies and bringing me a bottle of water! Plus of course, all the advertising and promotion that went on prior and behind the scenes...
Friends, family, strangers, Tweeps from the Twitterverse, friends from school and amazingly - many,many former students - all came to join me. I read a little, did some Q&A and signed and signed and signed. Toni and Amanda - two former students and lit mag editors - brought me flowers. At least two of my original readers - the girls who for months during flex time, fifth period read in tiny ongoing installments, the very first pages of what would become Dreaming Anastasia and gave me the teeniest of inklings that yes, maybe, just maybe this was a story that people would enjoy - came in from college to be there with me. Truly, it took a village. And mine was there yesterday on the second floor of B&N.
Til next time...

















5 comments:

Emi said...

It was so much fun Joy!
I recorded the Q&A on my phone and hopefully I can get a transcript out of it. I'll email it to you if I do.

out of the wordwork said...

Wow! It looks like a fabulous signing! Congrats!
Nelsa

Sydney Salter said...

Congratulations, Joy! Looks like you had so much fun.

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful event! We had a blast.
~Beth

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I am posting my review this morning.... LOVED the book. Let me know when you are coming Minnesota way! :)