Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

So here's the thing about horses...

More TAKS test proctoring today. Last day of it, actually Couldn't come a moment too soon for me. As I've said, watching kids take a test definitely qualifies as a mind numbing activity even if someone gives you a doughnut and a cup of coffee. Cause honestly, all I'm thinking is, gee this doughnut tastes good but good God I'm bored out of my skull.

But anyway, the horses. Was partenered up with the ag teacher the past two days. (ag as in agriculture if you're city person and don't know of such things) And for whatever reason ( I try not to think of this too deeply) he launched into a lengthy discussion of why horses get colic which is because they can't throw up because their throat muscles go only one way so if they eat too much hay and drink a bunch of water and eat a bunch of oats, it all sort of turns to sludge in their intestines and they can't poop basically and they blow up with gas and could die. (he didn't use the word poop, by the way, but a more colorful term and you can feel free to insert your own)

So let it not be said that I did not learn something today. And during my enforced silent time while doing the aforementioned watching the kids bubble in their scantrons, I also finally came up with a new idea for how I should really begin the current WIP so perhaps 2nd draft will get finished now and my brain can stop feeling like the mental equivalent of the horse who can't, well, you know.

Til next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we visited Tx A&M. I am trying to figure out how I can go there and be inthe AG dept! The gardening/plant opportunities are amazing! I love Ag stuff! I would have been drooling listening to the teacher! I spend HOURS on my tomatoes! Ok...gotta go..watching Lars and real gal