Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

I made it!

Haven't posted since New Year's. Been toiling at finishing novel number 2. And..... drum roll.... I've plowed my way through the first full draft. I'd written the idea for this book well over a year ago. Played around with it in many ways. And then, it got put aside for the lengthy adventure that was Spark. But in late October, I knew it was time to finish. And now I am. I'm too superstitous to talk about the story much. But I will say that it's been another interesting journey. The premise remained the same. But the MC developed into someone I hadn't expected. Or rather, someone I should have expected but for some stupid reason didn't. And the host of supporting characters? Well, I didn't know who they were going to be, either. One in particular took many incarnations as I wandered along. She was a friend. Then a girlfriend. Then a friend again. And finally landed as a former girlfriend of sorts. I'm happy with how she turned out. At least today.

I will say that my MC is a guy. Don't know about the rest of you, but I listen to music to inspire me and for whatever reason, this MC needed country music and lots of it. If husband never hears Tim McGraw or Trace Adkins again, it will be too soon. (MC might love country, but husband is, shall we say, much less fond of me blasting it all over the house because I'm not big on head phones, ear buds, or anything of that sort)

Looking forward to 27 Dresses this weekend. Looking forward to digging in to Libba Bray's The Sweet Far Thing. Like many of you, I avoid reading YA when I'm full on into a story of my own. Too much voice distraction. I had to settle for a Silhouette western romance and lots of magazines.

And as for my Gossip Girl obsession - well - Chuck Bass - could you get any sleazier? I surely hope so!

Til next time...

No comments: