Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just purse your lips and whistle

Oh total bliss and laughter last night when husband and I went to see Spamalot. If you're a fan of the movie - and I suppose we are with probably 30 (yes we're total geek types) viewings between us, maybe more - then you'll probably love it. If you've never seen it, well, still funny. But it may take you longer to warm up. As for me, I'll be spending the next few days singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

So in honor of the Pythons and their silliness, I give you the Thursday Three. Three things I love. Three for the bright side.

1. Breakfast at Waffle House. Seriously. If you've never been to Waffle House, go. Now. Find one. It is total breakfast theater. They speak their lingo. Cook the stuff right there in front of you. The waitresses are tough and call you doll and honey and sweetie. And you can get hashbrowns like ten thousand ways.

2.My crazy mug collection. I don't have one from Waffle House yet. But I should. But I do have one from House of 101 Omlettes in Sedona. Seriously. 101 choices. Clearly I'm hyperfocused on breakfast this morning. Probably because I'm planning not to eat any because we stopped for a hamburger after the play and even this morning's walk/jog didn't clear that baby out of my system.

3. Delightfully weird places like Garlic World in Gilroy, Ca. Or the Big Tree down in Rockport, Texas. Or anything of the ball of twine ouvre. Or yes, one of my favorites - Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Check it out! Try on a cheese head hat. Like I said, I'm a geek. If it's got a sign, I've gotta go.

Til next time.

No comments: